sidexeffects asked: theres nothing better than a girl with an eye for detail, ima have to try that recipe! and im pretty picky with the ingredients and cuts i use :p
As you can see its pretty flexible, I never really stated specific cook times or concrete ingredient amounts so in that sense you should be able to customize it according to your tastes. :)
This recipe is a quick and delicious way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. Portobello mushrooms have a meaty taste when cooked, so you won’t feel like you’re missing out on any flavor. Appropriate as a side dish, although I served mine on a bed of fresh spinach for more of a meal.
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, cut into wedges (I didn’t have onion on hand)
water for sauteeing
1 large red bell pepper
2 large portobello mushroom caps, de-gilled and sliced
2+ tsp low sodium shoyu (aka soy sauce), to taste
2+ tsp oyster sauce, to taste
dash of cayenne pepper or chili pepper oil, to taste
Sprigs of oregano or thyme *optional
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, saute the garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, herbs if you like and water to the skillet for 5-10 minutes. Add just enough water for the veggies to absorb and create a slight broth, but not enough to cover them *amount depends on size of skillet and veggies. We want to start creating a glaze with the liquid, so use your discretion…
- Once veggies are tender and water has turned slightly brown from the juices, add shoyu, chili oil or cayenne and oyster sauce.
- Mix well and turn heat to simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove veggies and serve alone, over rice or over spinach but allow the sauce to simmer longer.
- After 1-2 more minutes the sauce should have reduced into a thicker glaze; pour over vegetables and serve.
Anonymous asked: NOOOOO! Why Slytherin?
Haha no matter how I answer this I feel lame and geeky. I’m just about that dark wizardry.
What I’m really trying to say is that I’m evil.
wineanddineme asked: Just went through your recipes and about died, everything looks SO fucking good. 4 for you glen coco
Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement! I’ve been fooling around in the kitchen a bit lately, I’ll try to post some recipes once I polish them a bit :)
� Jeanette Winterson (via nectarinemint)